The Catholic Prison Ministries Coalition (www.catholicprisonministries.org) serves as the hub network, a resource, and an advocate for ministries and chaplains who need on-going support to do their ministry. As Catholic, there is also a need to be advocating legislatively, both locally and nationally, for the needs of those in prison, out of prison, doing prison ministry, and the detained.
Each third Thursday of the month CPMC and the NACC (National Association of Catholic Chaplains) will be hosting town halls for those doing re-entry ministry. The town halls are structured to share practices and resources on important topics for the unique needs for citizens released from incarceration/detention.
2021 CPMC – Webinar Series (Register on CPMC website for ZOOM login and time)
- February 10th – Trauma Informed Care
- Ragan Schriver (University of Tennessee)
Those affected by incarceration/detention are often living with past and present trauma. How can we accompany our brothers and sisters on their journey toward healing? Fr. Ragan Shriver, PsyD, LAPSW will share best practices when ministering to this vulnerable population.
- March 10th – Finding God Within
- Ray Leonardini (Prison Contemplative Fellowship)
- April 14th – Jail & Prison Ministry
- Dale Recinella and Fr. Rich Deshaeis, SJ
- May 12th – Women & Re-Entry
- Maureen O’Connell, OP (Angela House)
- June 9th – Nuances of Juvenile Ministry
- Joe Cotton (Archdiocese of Seattle)
Catholic Prison Ministry Coalition
The place to go for Catholic ministry serving people affected by incarceration.