Catholic Prison Ministries Coalition
2020 Prison Formation Webinar Series
Catholic Mobilizing Network
National Organization transform Criminal Justice System
- In the Public Interest: Criminal Justice and Immigration: the latest articles and research on criminal justice published by this center for policy research.
- Office of Justice Programs: Website of a government office which provides information and recommendations to federal, state, and local law enforcement.
- Illinois Criminal Justice Information Authority: State agency comprised of leaders in the justice system and the community. The agency provides statistics about criminal justice and policy effectiveness.
- Inmate Advocacy of Illinois
- Social Justice Resource Center: Criminal Justice System: Resource for Catholic perspectives on criminal justice, including statistics, prayers, quotes, Catholic teaching, educational videos, additional publications, and informational websites.
- Clark-Fox Family Foundation: Criminal Justice Map: Interactive map of resources available to offenders, crime victims, and communities in the St. Louis area, as well as those working in justice reform advocacy.
- Education Justice Project of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign: A college-in-prison program, the Education Justice Project compiles lists of prison education programs and activists.
- Equal Justice Initiative: Organization committed to ending mass incarceration and excessive punishment. Website provides articles and videos about the intersection of criminal justice with race, poverty and children.
- American Friends Service Committee: Ending Mass Incarceration: Resources specific to issues of prison privatization, mass incarceration, and solitary confinement.
- Prision Activist Resource Center: An organization committed to exposing injustice of the Prison Industrial Complex. Website details their projects and lists resources for prisoners.
- Saint Louis University Transformative Justice Initiative
- Prison Policy Initiative. Mass Incarceration: The Whole Pie 2018.
- Bureau of Justice Statistics. Prisoners in 2015.
- National Institute of Justice. Recidivism.
- National Institute of Justice. Research on Reentry and employment.
- VoteSmart.org Become an informed voter on issues that impact mass incarceration.
- SentencingProject.org Follow legislative reform efforts and advocate for Smart on Crime initiatives.
- PrisonPolicy.org Avoid supporting companies that profit from incarceration.
- Is Solitary Confinement Torture? (NPR 2014)
- From Solitary to the Streets: Released Inmates Get Little Help (NPR 2015)
- Tamms: An Interview with Brian Nelson (UPLC Chicaco 2015)
- Responsiblity, Rehabilitation, and Restoration: A Catholic Perspective on Crime and Criminal Justice
- The New Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration in The Age of Colorblindness
- Restorative Justice Dialogue: An Essential Guide for Research and Practice
- The Punishment Imperative: The Rise and Failure of Mass Incarceration in America
- Just Mercy: A Story of Justice and Redemption
- Beyond Prisons: A New Interfaith Paradigm for our Failed Prison System
- Caught: The Prison State and the Lockdown of American Politics
- A Plague of Prisons: The Epidemiology of the Mass Incarceration in America
- The Collapse of American Criminal Justice
- The Cross and the Lynching Tree
- Convict Christ: What the Gospel Says about Criminal Justice
- The Church of the Second Chance: A Faith-Based Approach to Prison Reform
- One Day in the Life of 179212: Notes from an American Prison
- The Little Book of Restorative Justice
- Changing Lenses: A New Focus for Crime and Justice
- Doing Life: Reflections of Men and Women Serving Life Sentences
- Inferno: An Anatomy of American Punishment
- The Executed God: The Way of the Cross in Lockdown America
- The Oxford History of the Prison: The Practice of Punishment in Western Society
- No Equal Justice: Race and Class in the American Criminal Justice System
- Ministry to the Incarcerated
- Are Prisons Obsolete?
- Beyond Retribution: A New Testament Vision for Justice, Crime, and Punishment
- Compassionate Justice: An Interdisciplinary Dialogue with Two Gospel Parables on Law, Crime, and Restorative Justice
- After the Crime: The Power of Restorative Justice Dialogues between Victims and Violent Offenders
- Arrested Justice: Black Women, Violence, and America’s Prison Nation
- Locked Down, Locked Out: Why Prison Doesn’t Work and How We Can Do Better
- Exile Nation: Drugs, Prisons, Politics, and Spirituality
- Men We Reaped: A Memoir
- Tattoos on the Heart: The Power of Boundless Compassion
- Resistance Behind Bars: The Struggles of Incarcerated Women
- A Nazareth Manifesto: Being With God
- When We Visit Jesus In Prison: A Guide for Catholic Ministry
- Thinking Theologically About Mass Incarceration: Biblical Foundations and Justice Imperatives
- Mr. Smith Goes To Prison: What My Year Behind Bars Taught Me About America’s Prison Crisis
- Prison Addiction: Why Mass Incarceration Policies Must Change by Bishop Denis Madden (America Magazine)
- Time for Common Sense Reform by Christie Billups (Lewis University)
- Ferguson: Enough Injustice to Go Around by Christie Billups (Lewis University)
- How Can We See Christ in Criminals? (National Catholic Register)
- Testimony on Criminal Justice Reform (United States Conference of Catholic Bishops)
- Wardens from Wall Street: Prison Privatization (Catholic Bishops)
- How to Dismantle the New Jim Crow (Michelle Alexander)
- SLU Establishes Reentry Program To Help incarcerated Individuals
- Christ the Prisoner: A Lenten Reflection on the Mocking of Christ
- Doing the Crime Without Doing the Time: Why the Church should welcome alternatives to mass incarceration
- The Redemption of Ex-Prisoners is a Duty of the Catholic Church
- Lord, When Did We See You In Prison?
- A Church for Every Prisoner
- I Was In Prison and You Wrote To Me
Donate With Paypal
OBK Reentry Office:
614 N. 7th Street,
East St. Louis, IL
Office Phone: 618-271-7821
Support OBK through Amazon Smile!
It's easy, just sign-in to Amazon Smile using your Amazon account.Then search for Our Brother's Keepers of Southern Illinois under charitable organizations. Finally, every time you purchase something through Amazon, OBK gets 0.5%.
Please bookmark this link and support us everytime you shop and ask your family, friends, and employees to Bookmark it also so that all eligible shopping will benefit the mission of OBK.