Catholic Prison Ministries Coalition
2020 Prison Formation Webinar Series
Catholic Mobilizing Network
National Organization transform Criminal Justice System
- In the Public Interest: Criminal Justice and Immigration: the latest articles and research on criminal justice published by this center for policy research.
- Office of Justice Programs: Website of a government office which provides information and recommendations to federal, state, and local law enforcement.
- Illinois Criminal Justice Information Authority: State agency comprised of leaders in the justice system and the community. The agency provides statistics about criminal justice and policy effectiveness.
- Inmate Advocacy of Illinois
- Social Justice Resource Center: Criminal Justice System: Resource for Catholic perspectives on criminal justice, including statistics, prayers, quotes, Catholic teaching, educational videos, additional publications, and informational websites.
- Clark-Fox Family Foundation: Criminal Justice Map: Interactive map of resources available to offenders, crime victims, and communities in the St. Louis area, as well as those working in justice reform advocacy.
- Education Justice Project of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign: A college-in-prison program, the Education Justice Project compiles lists of prison education programs and activists.
- Equal Justice Initiative: Organization committed to ending mass incarceration and excessive punishment. Website provides articles and videos about the intersection of criminal justice with race, poverty and children.
- American Friends Service Committee: Ending Mass Incarceration: Resources specific to issues of prison privatization, mass incarceration, and solitary confinement.
- Prision Activist Resource Center: An organization committed to exposing injustice of the Prison Industrial Complex. Website details their projects and lists resources for prisoners.
- Saint Louis University Transformative Justice Initiative
- Prison Policy Initiative. Mass Incarceration: The Whole Pie 2018.
- Bureau of Justice Statistics. Prisoners in 2015.
- National Institute of Justice. Recidivism.
- National Institute of Justice. Research on Reentry and employment.
- VoteSmart.org Become an informed voter on issues that impact mass incarceration.
- SentencingProject.org Follow legislative reform efforts and advocate for Smart on Crime initiatives.
- PrisonPolicy.org Avoid supporting companies that profit from incarceration.
- Is Solitary Confinement Torture? (NPR 2014)
- From Solitary to the Streets: Released Inmates Get Little Help (NPR 2015)
- Tamms: An Interview with Brian Nelson (UPLC Chicaco 2015)
- Responsiblity, Rehabilitation, and Restoration: A Catholic Perspective on Crime and Criminal Justice
- The New Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration in The Age of Colorblindness
- Restorative Justice Dialogue: An Essential Guide for Research and Practice
- The Punishment Imperative: The Rise and Failure of Mass Incarceration in America
- Just Mercy: A Story of Justice and Redemption
- Beyond Prisons: A New Interfaith Paradigm for our Failed Prison System
- Caught: The Prison State and the Lockdown of American Politics
- A Plague of Prisons: The Epidemiology of the Mass Incarceration in America
- The Collapse of American Criminal Justice
- The Cross and the Lynching Tree
- Convict Christ: What the Gospel Says about Criminal Justice
- The Church of the Second Chance: A Faith-Based Approach to Prison Reform
- One Day in the Life of 179212: Notes from an American Prison
- The Little Book of Restorative Justice
- Changing Lenses: A New Focus for Crime and Justice
- Doing Life: Reflections of Men and Women Serving Life Sentences
- Inferno: An Anatomy of American Punishment
- The Executed God: The Way of the Cross in Lockdown America
- The Oxford History of the Prison: The Practice of Punishment in Western Society
- No Equal Justice: Race and Class in the American Criminal Justice System
- Ministry to the Incarcerated
- Are Prisons Obsolete?
- Beyond Retribution: A New Testament Vision for Justice, Crime, and Punishment
- Compassionate Justice: An Interdisciplinary Dialogue with Two Gospel Parables on Law, Crime, and Restorative Justice
- After the Crime: The Power of Restorative Justice Dialogues between Victims and Violent Offenders
- Arrested Justice: Black Women, Violence, and America’s Prison Nation
- Locked Down, Locked Out: Why Prison Doesn’t Work and How We Can Do Better
- Exile Nation: Drugs, Prisons, Politics, and Spirituality
- Men We Reaped: A Memoir
- Tattoos on the Heart: The Power of Boundless Compassion
- Resistance Behind Bars: The Struggles of Incarcerated Women
- A Nazareth Manifesto: Being With God
- When We Visit Jesus In Prison: A Guide for Catholic Ministry
- Thinking Theologically About Mass Incarceration: Biblical Foundations and Justice Imperatives
- Mr. Smith Goes To Prison: What My Year Behind Bars Taught Me About America’s Prison Crisis
- Prison Addiction: Why Mass Incarceration Policies Must Change by Bishop Denis Madden (America Magazine)
- Time for Common Sense Reform by Christie Billups (Lewis University)
- Ferguson: Enough Injustice to Go Around by Christie Billups (Lewis University)
- How Can We See Christ in Criminals? (National Catholic Register)
- Testimony on Criminal Justice Reform (United States Conference of Catholic Bishops)
- Wardens from Wall Street: Prison Privatization (Catholic Bishops)
- How to Dismantle the New Jim Crow (Michelle Alexander)
- SLU Establishes Reentry Program To Help incarcerated Individuals
- Christ the Prisoner: A Lenten Reflection on the Mocking of Christ
- Doing the Crime Without Doing the Time: Why the Church should welcome alternatives to mass incarceration
- The Redemption of Ex-Prisoners is a Duty of the Catholic Church
- Lord, When Did We See You In Prison?
- A Church for Every Prisoner
- I Was In Prison and You Wrote To Me
Donate With Paypal
OBK Reentry Office:
614 N. 7th Street,
East St. Louis, IL
Office Phone: 618-271-7821
Newsletter Sign Up